July 26, 2011

Florida Mission Trip - Part 1

Florida was awesome.
I made so many amazing memories.
I got to know so many more amazing people! 
And I took lots of pictures.
So I guess I'll just jump right in, they aren't really in any order.
Enjoy!

Loading the bus before leaving
We spent many many hours riding on the bus.
 Cooking in the kitchen.
{and judging from the expression on their faces, I don't think they knew I was taking the picture}
The one night we did a vesper service for the boys at the camp.  Some of the youth did a skit and we all sang a few songs and Mike and Chris played guitar and banjo. 
And I can't forget to mention the huge spiders that were down there.  We cleaned the laundry room and shower house and killed so many spiders. Some of them were as big as my hand.  Good grief! And I thought our spiders were bad! :) 
This wasn't a very big one and its not the greatest picture but, haha, I wasn't about to get closer!
Jeans drying
The dining hall that we cleaning from floor to ceiling
 The chuck wagon
Red ants, and, wow!, could they bite hard!
Well, that's all for now!  
 And I have to admit that my next post will look like we had a great relaxing vacation.  But don't get me wrong, we only took one day and an evening off to go sightseeing.  I don't have many pictures of us working because we were, well, working! But we did work very hard and we got a lot done at the camp.  So...my next post will be pictures from our day off work!
~Katharina

2 comments:

  1. yay can't wait to see the ones from the beach!! Love the one Of Heathers face hehe =-) -Kat-

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) love these pics. my favorite one is of the jeans drying :-D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and tell me what you think!